Friday, June 20, 2008

Coming Home...

Well, my last night has creeped up on me and tomorrow I prepare to say my final good-byes...

Tonight I was in the kitchen with one of our younger boys giving him his asthma treatment before bed when all of a sudden I felt myself overwhelmed with the idea of not being here the next night to say goodnight to these kids or the next or the next. Tomorrow night I will find myself back in Friendswood...far away from Roatan and far away from these precious, mischevious children. I tried to stop it as the tears started forming but before I knew it I was balling in the kitchen, Kerry just staring at me helplessly as he held up his asthma mask that covered his nose and mouth. "What's wrong," he asked. "I'm just sad because I'm leaving," I said. "You don't have to leave," he said..."you don't want to leave." "I don't want to leave Kerry but I have to..."

I'm feeling the only emotion one can feel when they say goodbye to a place and people they've grown so fond of and fallen so in love with...I'm sad and I'm going to miss these kids a lot...

Thank you again to all of you who have supported me in this journey with finances, prayer and support. I wouldn't have been able to make this journey without it and I thank you all for providing that. Sunday at Ecclesia Clear Lake we will be showing a video that Alison and I made while she was still down here and talking a bit about our time here..I'd love to see whoever can make it there that night to watch it..Church starts at 6 pm..just email me if you would like to attend and are unsure of location..I'd love to see you there and talk about my time here or feel free to contact me on my cell phone-832-231-5177

Peace & Love,
Naseem

No comments: